Viewing someone's posts

roygbiv 17:15 26 Mar 2003

Please can someone tell me how to view posts from someone else. I know my mother in law has several posts and i would like to look at them all without going through the whole list (as some are quite old, now) I have her post name, but where do i go now?
Alan

« Ravin » 17:17 26 Mar 2003

enter her name in the search box....

roygbiv 17:20 26 Mar 2003

Thanks, but tried that, no joy.
Alan

ER INDOORS 17:25 26 Mar 2003

that I have been meaning to ask.I tried Search. No joy.

€dstow 18:42 26 Mar 2003

You have to have the right search criteria ticked and checked for it to work. I've just checked for my father's posts here and it worked fine.

€d

roygbiv 16:02 28 Mar 2003

Sorry to be a pain, but do you mean i have to know the exact words of the post??. Is it possible for you to explain more??. Alan

Eagie 16:19 28 Mar 2003

Have you been using the search box which is always on the left hand side of the window? I tried searching for my threads this way (as an experiment) but it only brought up ones I had responded to not the ones I initiated.

Using the search form on either the title page of the helproom or consumerwatch and selecting the "search titles and all postings" yielded better results - though you have to search through the two forums seperately.

« Ravin » 19:47 28 Mar 2003

i just tried it and it doesn't seem to work like before.. used my name and while i have more than 15 pages in my postings only one or two pages in the search results

roygbiv 17:01 01 Apr 2003

I will try it once more, before i tick as answered.

« Ravin » 17:06 01 Apr 2003

try contacting the moderator .. ? and perhaps let us know if there is an answer :)

roygbiv 17:19 01 Apr 2003

I put in search ROYGBIV search titles and all posts 6 results
(perhaps it works for posts that have your name in the reply).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?