Viewing of some websites not correct

kentylad 14:02 08 Apr 2003

Being an avid Football fan and Chelsea supporter (!), I often like to check up on how the boys are doing of watch the Nike Freestyle adverts and try and work out any camera trickery ;-)

However, recently the pages do not seem to be loading up correctly. I have checked my settings in IE6 (Tools>Internet Options>Security>Internet) and changed the settings to default (medium level)

I do have a peer-peer network setup, but on different NIC's (obviously), however they do share this connection

The pages I have tried to access are click here and click here

I have included also a small website which shows you what I am seeing, in the hope you can compare it to what you see and tell me whats wrong!!

Here's the webpages I made;
* Nike Freestyle Site: click here

* Chelsea Site: click here

Thanx

Nick

kentylad 14:03 08 Apr 2003

Sorry, the Chelsea page that I uploaded to show you what I am looking at is click here

kentylad 14:30 08 Apr 2003

can anyone help?

Nick

HighTower 14:36 08 Apr 2003

It looks the same on my PC as you see it on yours (Windows 2000), so perhaps it isn't actually a problem with your system at all!

kentylad 14:43 08 Apr 2003

I did check the web-pages out on a school system today at school, and they worked fine (as they should look)

I am on XP with Norton IS 2003 pro and IE6

Nick

Nope - Same as your screen shot - XP Pro, NIS 2003, (Incl Norton Personal Firewall)

kentylad 16:08 08 Apr 2003

You have EXACTLY the same specc as me.....

??

Trust me, the web pages aren't supposed to be looking the way mine do!

Gaz 25 16:25 08 Apr 2003

NORTON...

Disable the Ad-blocker and Privacy blocker,

then wipe your Temp internet files and cookies.

All should work.

kentylad 16:34 08 Apr 2003

You are a legend!

I send you a cyber kiss! mwhaa!

Lol

Cheers

Nick

Gaz 25 17:24 08 Apr 2003

and I baffled people, because when you disable Norton the temp files keep the page the same as they were, so you need to wipe them, I thought IE was corrupt.

Anyway,
Glad you are sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017