Viewing OE6 messages & Folders in Windows 7

tallboy 12:43 21 Nov 2009

I have just taken delivery of a new Windows 7 laptop and have imported my Address Book and Outlook Express 6 Messages / Folders from my old PC into Windows Live Mail.

Although Windows Live Mail said the import was successful, I can't see any of the folders or messages! (The Address import worked fine.)

Presumably the formats are different. How do I convert the OE6 messages & folders to be viewable in Windows Live Mail?

GaT7 14:04 21 Nov 2009

Try it again.

Did you follow the procedure correctly? 'Import messages into Windows Mail from Outlook Express' click here. G

tallboy 14:45 21 Nov 2009

Thanks for the quick reply Crossbow7. I did exactly as shown in your link - in fact I have now done it three times! What Microsoft don't tell you is that the OE6 imports are imported as Storage Folders, so the In Box (for example) becomes a 'Storage In Box' whereas if you import messages in to OE6, (from a previous PC) those shown as 'In Box' on the old PC end up as the 'In Box' on the new PC.

I have now found them in Windows Live mail using the 'Go To' function. I just need to remove the duplcates now!

Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires