Viewing Computer from TV

mark-pc 17:58 27 Oct 2014

How would I setup my TV to view data on my Mac. Photos etc? Is it possible to view the Computer Screen on the TV via networking through my Hub?

I have my Smart TV connected to my Hub and I can connect to the Internet on TV but when I select Media Server on the TV it doesn't detect anything.

Ian in Northampton 18:34 27 Oct 2014

It's certainly possible - I can see media files elsewhere on the network from my Samsung Smart TV. Samsung offers its own version (AllShare) of DLNA that enables this. I think I'm right in saying, you basically need to set up a DLNA network. Easy to say, perhaps less easy to do...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:37 27 Oct 2014

you need something on your MAC / PC to act as a media servia for the TV to find.

My Humax box will pick up windows media player and stream anything off it to the Humax / TV

Obviously itunes should act as a media server on the MAC

mark-pc 21:23 27 Oct 2014

Thank you both. So is this possible with the connection I have?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:32 27 Oct 2014

Yes you need to enable the media server on the TV (make and model?) and have your MAC running with itunes open.

Woolwell 22:12 27 Oct 2014

If you cannot get the Smart TV to work you could consider an Apple TV which will do what you want eg show photos, play music from your computer on your TV.

mark-pc 07:24 28 Oct 2014

Thanks again

mark-pc 09:38 28 Oct 2014

mmmmm, I have sharing enabled in iTunes Preferences but TV is not picking it up as a Media Server?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:00 28 Oct 2014

Have you turned on the server in the TV settings.

mark-pc 10:06 28 Oct 2014

I can't find any options to switch on, but when I elect the Media Server the Server Screen opens but does not find anything.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:20 28 Oct 2014

Anything here?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?