View workgroup computers hands when clicked - why

Nessie 20:41 16 Jan 2006

I have a belkin adsl router with my lounge pc connected by a cable, a laptop that is connected wirelessly and a bedroom pc that is connected by belkin wireless usb stick. If I click in the view workgroup computers in my network the computers hangs for 30 seconds and then up on the screen comes "Server is not accessable. You might not have permission to use this network source. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission. The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently avaiable." This only happens if neither of the other computers are on. If they are on all the pcs come up as it should. This problem only occurs if the only pc on is the lounge pc. There is no problem in any of the other pcs. If they are the only one the view workgroup comes up blank as should be. Can you help as it is starting to annoy me Cheers

Nessie 21:33 16 Jan 2006

bounce

Nessie 00:44 17 Jan 2006

bounce

Skyver 00:53 17 Jan 2006

If the other machines are online they are already on the network/able to access the 'net, the delay while your main machine looks for active connections may be unavoidable. I do see your point in that it's different behaviour from one machine to another though. Control Panel/Folder Options/View, make sure `Automatically search for Network Folders and Printers` is checked.

Nessie 14:40 17 Jan 2006

Thanks for the help but that box is ticked. Still hangs. Just annoying

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017