View Remote Screen

fitshase 17:47 16 Feb 2003

I need some suggestions on free software. My problem is this (and it is only a problem because of my lazyness!):

I have a wireless network in the house. The desktop computer is running Windows XP and is connected via cables to the wireless router and the broadband in one of the bedrooms upstairs.

My other computer is a laptop running Windows 98 fitted with a wireless network card.

A lot of the time I am downstairs surfing the web on the laptop and the desktop is downloading files. I would like to be able to check on the progress of the download without having to go upstairs (the lazyness kicks in!). Also, if I am running a virus scan and it is taking an age, I would like, again, to check without going upstairs.

Does anyone know of any free software that I can install on both machines so I can see what is going on on the screen. I am not interested in remote control software as I only want to view the screen. I am also not bothered if it is "spying" software as I am not going to be spying on anyone and don't mind there being an icon on view.

Your suggestions are much appreciated.

Regards

Fitshase

fitshase 16:52 18 Feb 2003

any suggestions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?