View Photos

  dnjl 00:45 25 Oct 2007

Can anyone tell me if there is a DVD/CD re-writer that will let me put my photos onto a disc that will go in any (or most) DVD players, so we can view them on TV?

  DieSse 01:06 25 Oct 2007

It's the software you need - any drive will suffice.

Put ... dvd slideshow freeware into a Google search and many will come up, such as this

click here

MS Photo Story3 click here
free download - and the Sonic plug-in (see DVD link on the above link) will also do it.

  Acx 01:17 25 Oct 2007

also burn to a good quality DVD

it helps if the dvd player you want to play them on will accept +/- rw dvds.

  eedcam 08:59 25 Oct 2007

If you have xp you have windows moviemaker this will enable you to make slideshows add music etc.You then chooose save to my computor then choose other settings choose Cv-avi the file can then be burned with nero or something like dvd-flick which is free

  Bagsey 09:17 25 Oct 2007

If you are looking for a program that is very easy to use and that gives superb results the you will be hard pressed to fid anything better than do as Diesse recomends , Photostory 3
which is free but if you want to burn dvds then you need to sonic plug in that will cost you about £15.00. However I think that you will find a CD(burn without any plug in needed) is capable of giving you a long enough slide show to show your photos and still not bore the viewers.After 30 minute people do start to get restless. Photostory has the ability to make your still photos look almost like a movie video with all of the movement facillities that are built in. Back ground music is also very simple to add as are titles etc.

  dnjl 17:23 25 Oct 2007

thanks a lot for the advice. I will give everything a try.
Thanks once again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?