View my usage on Tiscali - problem

palinka 18:23 31 Mar 2006

Until 10th March my friend was able to "view my usage" on his Tiscali dial-up account. Then out of the blue this stopped; in effect it showed no usage at all from that date until 24th March, when he reported the problem. Yet he had connected several times during that fortnight. After he reported it Tiscali said (words to the effect of) " we take this seriously; bear with us while we fix it". A week later they emailed him saying that as he had not been in touch again they regarded the problem as solved. It is NOT. Tiscali seem to have washed their hands and have not replied to his repeated requests to solve his problem.
Since then a single additional day's usage is now recorded - namely 23rd March
Has anyone on this forum had similar experience and how did they solve it?

Stuartli 18:27 31 Mar 2006

It's an automatic e-mail. If you don't reply within the three days then it is assumed that the problem is solved.

palinka 18:31 31 Mar 2006

OK Stuartli, thanks for that info - I imagine he didn't realise that; and when I looked at the mail he received I didn't realise it was necessary.
I'll get him to start again.

David4637 13:13 01 Apr 2006

Tiscali got behind with updating the usage in Feb 2006. They then transferred some of the Feb usage into March 2006. Its comes from a poorly organised ISP. There billing dept has always been poor in communicating and sorting out probs. There dial up service is generally very good and consistent. I have been a Dial Up user of Tiscali for some 3-4 years now. David

palinka 21:43 01 Apr 2006

thanks very much , David4637. That probably explains it; my friend has been on a Tiscali dial-up for 2 or 3 years and, as you say, that service seems to be fine. "View internet usage" was OK too until 10th March, which sort of fits with the dates you mention.

Stuartli 23:10 01 Apr 2006

You may well find out a bit more whether this is the solution by visiting Tiscali's Support Forums - there's one for DialUp and another for Broadband.

The moderators, as many will be aware, are able to sort out problems as they have access to Tiscali support staff (some are members of the team) and engineers.

Tiscali subscribers are not shy at coming forward with complaints...:-)

palinka 10:31 02 Apr 2006

thanks again, stuartli. I'm not surprised they get complaints. When he wrote saying the matter was NOT solved he received yet again the standard "..you have not responded within 72 hours...etc". Which proves (if proof were needed) that it's an auto response, as you said, and i can confirm that at no stage was he asked to respond (to what?)within 72 hours.
I'll pass on your advice about their forum, and tick resolved; though the problem remains except that another single date of usage has now appeared.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?