Videos not playing smoothly

hawthorn59 02:22 14 Mar 2010

Hi all

Have a new laptop, 3 gig ram, windows 7. I notice that a lot of the time when I play a video from a site it is very jerky, and doesnt seem to stream (if thats the correct term) as fast as necessary to look at it!

Youtube videos seem to be ok. The latest site I had a problem was paolonutini.com. Some of the videos played ok but some didnt.

What actually determines whether a video plays well?

Is it your pc, your broadband speed, or the site you're on!!??

thanks

h

mooly 08:19 14 Mar 2010

It can be a combination of all three.
Check your broadband speed here, take seconds to do.
click here

Make sure you have the most up to date version of flashplayer installed too... should be on W7 PC
On IE8 toolbar goto tools/manage add-ons/ and see what version is shown. I think 10.0.45.2 is the latest.

luluqian 08:21 14 Mar 2010

[url=click here]AVCHD to iDVD converter for Mac[/url] supports import AVCHD(mts.m2ts.ts) files to iDVD for burning as DVD freely with best audio and video quality and fast speed.
Part one: Theory about convert/import AVCHD to iDVD on Mac OS
Problem:
What's the best way to convert 720p .m2ts or AVCHD files to DVD on a Macbook without losing quality?I have a Canon Vixia HF10 camera, I would like to create DVD with the best quality file extension and program, What program is capable of this conversion?
Solutions:
iDVD is a DVD creation software application that allows the user to add QuickTime Movies(mov, mpeg-4, h.264, dv, mpeg, m4v, 3gp), MP3 music, and digital photos to a DVD.

Mac AVCHD to iDVD software can help convert AVCHD files to DV(ntsc/pal) iDVD, import AVCHD movie to MPEG-4/H.264/M4V iDVD, bring AVCHD footage to MPEG-1/2 iDVD and transfer AVCHD video to 3GP/MOV iDVD perfectly on Mac without downloading any more codec.
Of course, you also can convert other popular HD/SD video to DV etc for importing to iDVD and convert AVCHD to almost all other popular video formats like AVI, WMV, FLV, RM/ RMVB, ASF, MKV, 3G2,SWF, HD video etc freely using AVCHD to iDVD converting tool mac.
AVCHD to iDVD program mac surely can import AVCHD to other popular video device like Sony PSP, PS3, Apple iPod, Apple TV, iPhone, Zune, Creative Zen, iriver, Palm,iMovie, FCE/FCP,Adobe Premiere Pro etc and extract audio from video and save as MP3/MP2, AAC, AC3, AMR, M4A, MKA , RA, WAV, WMA, AIFF, FLAC etc on Mac.
Do some simple AVCHD video edit also can choose AVCHD to iDVD converter for Mac, it can help edit AVCHD files freely on Mac through crop(16:9/4:3), trim, split, effect, setting, merge, snapshot, rotate etc.

Tips: [url=click here]Mac AVCHD to iDVD converter[/url] can run on Intel-based Mac version and Power PC-based Mac version and suits to all AVCHD camcorder like Sony, JVC, Hitachi, Canon Panasonic and iDVD in any version(iDVD`08/09 etc).
Part2: Step by step on how to convert AVCHD to iDVD on Mac.
Step1: Download
Download, install and run Mac AVCHD to iDVD converter on your Mac
Step2: Add AVCHD files, set output and save
Click Add Files to add AVCHD files, you can add more than one a time, AVCHD to iDVD program mac supports batch conversion.
Click Profile drop-down menu to set output as DV etc and click Browse to save to destination place.
Step3: Convert AVCHD to iDVD
Just click Convert button to start converting, finally import ripe AVCHD to iDVD for burning DVD.
Additional step: Edit AVCHD files on Mac
Click Trim to set starting time and ending time
Click Setting to adjust Resolution, Bit Rate, Frame Rate and Encoder Click edit to adjusting the brightness, contrast and saturation through effect, set aspect ratio to remove unwanted black edge through Crop.
Tips:
Onestep DVD: iDVD has a 'OneStep DVD' function, which automatically rewinds the currently connected DV camcorder to the beginning, and then burns a DVD of the video footage that is on the tape.
[url=click here]free download here[/url]

[img]click here[/img]

EARLR 09:09 14 Mar 2010

BEWARE !!!

hawthorn59 12:01 14 Mar 2010

Yes Im definitely ignoring that!

Did a speed check, its 1.25Mb/s which considering its only supposed to be 1Mb is good.

I'll check the flash. Thanks.

h

citadel 12:28 14 Mar 2010

mostly broadband speed, i find that 3 to 4 mb is needed for smooth play. my netbook is hopeless on the dongle but when i plug the ethernet cable in in it plays ok.

mooly 13:26 14 Mar 2010

Forgot to mention it might be worth running the speed check at peak times too. It sounds a little on the low side perhaps.

Found this...
click here

if you try anything write down what you alter so you can put it back again if no good. And create a restore point too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache