Video/Graphics driver for Compaq Armada 1700

cyberphobic 06:43 30 Jan 2010

I bought an old working Compaq Armada 1700. I have upgeaded the memory to 160MB, installed a 20GB Hard Drive and loaded XP Pro/SP3. It all works fine apart from the graphics, only part of a web page is displayed and if I change the resolution not all of the desktop is displayed! I therefore need an XP video/graphics driver. I have been to the Compaq website and downloaded a "Rompaq" which has to be loaded on to a floppy, but when I run it, it says that there are no programmes to be updated. Can anyone provide me with a link to the correct driver for this model and operating sysyem please?

Strawballs 07:39 30 Jan 2010
  cyberphobic 13:04 30 Jan 2010

Many Thanks for your suggeation but unfortunately that link just takes me, by a more circuitous route, to the Compaq homepage and the Rompaq which dosen't get me anywhere!

Strawballs 22:02 30 Jan 2010

What chip is in the graphics? that old it is likely to be a Voodoo or early Nvidea like TNT ultra

Strawballs 22:09 30 Jan 2010

I think this is what you are looking for click here It has a C&T 65555 graphics chip

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?