video to web

norming 19:53 01 Aug 2008

Can I a) add a video clip to an e-mail as an attachment or b) upload a video clip onto the net so that someone else could see it? ie cine shots I took of two Nieces many years ago (for them to see).
norming

Technotiger 19:55 01 Aug 2008

You should be able to add the video as an attachment to an email.

Technotiger 20:11 01 Aug 2008

Or you could use click here to put the video on the web - though I have not used this program myself.

Technotiger 20:41 01 Aug 2008

Thank you for your suggestions but... The material is tiny section currently on DVD. How do I get the selected part ready to send? The site you suggested seems something that anyone can access which is not exactly what I had in mind. N.

If you can save the required part to your hard-drive, perhaps by using Windows Media Player or Movie maker, you could then add as an attachment to an email. I have never done this myself, but I expect others here will be able to explain how to!

Please note, a members Yellow envelope should only be used by Invitation. Otherwise all Posts should be shown here within your thread - that way, everyone can see the full story and others may be able to offer assistance too. Many Heads are better than One - especially when the One, is mine ...LoL

Les28 22:46 01 Aug 2008

You want to extract just a small part of a dvd video? You could use the free DVD Shrink to do that

click here

Using the Re Author tab in DVD Shrink to set the start and end points of what you want to extract, then you will have a small DVD of the part you want.

A thing to consider is the size of the file, homemade DVD's I make are on average about 1MB a second, I'm guessing yours will be in that region, so a 10 second clip could be up to 10 MB's in size. You could use a free service like Pando to send one large file which a normal ISP wouldn't allow as an e-mail attachment, the person receiving the file would need to have Pando installed on their pc as well. Another thing to consider is uploads aren't as fast as downloads on broadband, so it might take a while for you to upload but be fairly quick downloading to the recipient. But you did say it was only a small clip.

click here

There are sites you can upload to where you can select to restrict the viewing to only people you have given permission to, however they may like you to upload in certain video formats.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?