A+ Video Trainng,any good?

iqs 18:03 30 Jul 2008

Hello,

Yet another question regarding training for the A+ Essentials Exam.

I have seen advertised on Amazon and Ebay,video training for the A+ Exams.

Has anyone used this type of media?,does it help?.

Currently I'm reading the CompTIA A+ Certification for Dummies 9 books in 1,then the Absolute Beginners Guide to the A+ Certification by Mark Edward Soper.

Both books are very knowledgeable and easy to understand.But with combined pages of over 2200 it will take some time,phew..

But like I asked,how good is video training?.

Many thanks

Seth Haniel 13:59 31 Jul 2008

Monkey see, Monkey do comes to mind

often no matter how hard you read there is no substitute for being shown what to do.

Pamy 14:09 31 Jul 2008

Hello again iqs, I am sure it will help but at a price. Do not forget that you will have the hands on help of a tutor in September, thats what yu are paying for

iqs 15:11 31 Jul 2008

Seth Haniel,many thanks for the reply.

'often no matter how hard you read there is no substitute for being shown what to do'

I agree,It is always easier to learn new skills if shown,then reading from books.

But since I have started to read the Dummies Book,I have learnt so much,I know know about SCSI,IRQ's,I/O Addresses,and more.But my poor eyes and wrist from making notes :-(

Hello Pamy ,thanks again for your comments.

I bought the book you recommended from Amazon.I have only read a few pages,but instantly I can tell it is aimed at the novice/beginner,lovely.

I will start the book once the Dummies book is finished.Only another 400+ pages to go...

I have e-mailed the college asking if the lecturer wouldn't mind me contacting him regarding the course syllabus.No reply as yet.

If I don't receive any recommendations from this thread regarding informative training packages,I will wait until September and seek the advice of the college.

Once again many thanks for your help Seth Haniel & Pamy.Regards, IQS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?