Video sound

Daveboy 20:13 10 Nov 2005

I am delving into video editing my camcorder (sony handycam) recordings via my PC. Problem- If i use S video connection I get best video quality but NO sound, if I use the USB iget vid and sound but vid is reduced quality. How do I get sound as well when using S vid ?
Cam has a DV out socket- what is the PC end equivqlent input ? and would it send vid and sound ?

stalion 20:15 10 Nov 2005

can you run a seperate lead for sound to your line in?

Daveboy 20:19 10 Nov 2005

Possibly, there is a composite outlet on cam. small plug that has three plugs (red green & white) other end, possibly one of these sends sound ?

Bagsey 20:23 10 Nov 2005

Your S lead does not carry sound so you will need to connect your camera with a sound cable input.
If you let us know what camera you are using we can give you a lot more help. eg most digital cameras input video to a computer using a firewire cable.This inputs sound and video at the best quality to your computer. Your computer may not have a firewire card fitted but this is not a major expense. We need to know what computer equipment you are using to be able to give the best help.

stalion 20:25 10 Nov 2005

two of those colours are sound in left and right you need a jack plug for your line in connection on your pc ie:a lead with three connectors like you have one end and a small jack plug the other you can get them at pc world

Bagsey 20:25 10 Nov 2005

Sorry I meant to add that your DV out socket is a firewire socket so you WILL need a firewire input into your computer.

Daveboy 22:21 10 Nov 2005

I have 1394 input on pc, is this firewire ?

Bagsey 23:53 10 Nov 2005

That is Firewire. Yes

Bagsey 23:57 10 Nov 2005

If you have firewire on your computer there is more than a good chance that your computer is well up to spec for video editing.What editing software have you got?

Daveboy 19:02 11 Nov 2005

camera came with PIXELLA, seems pretty basic but probable a good enough start for me.

Bagsey 20:27 12 Nov 2005

I have just updated my pinnacle from here.
It is comprehensive but user friendly.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?