Video setting incorrect

micklemouse 18:46 25 Jun 2004

I am trying to play a Miniclip game - BestFriends. I want to play online, so I click on the play online button, then up comes a window asking me to download the Miniclip Game Downloader patch, which according to instructions I must use. So I tick the box saying I trust Miniclip etc and then click on Yes to download and the patch is installed (or so I believe) but the trouble is I have to wait just a few seconds until a black window appears with white lettering top left corner, tell me the Video setting isn't right and I must click on Esc to come out of it. I cannot get the game to play. Can anyone offer suggestions and where do I go to set the video correctly?

I have Windows XP and Internet Explorer 6 ( I also use Avant Browser and have tried both but to no avail). I have the latest version of Java 2 Runtime and installed the newest versions of both Macromedia Flash and Shockwave which I installed this afternoon

I also have McAfee but no Firewall

Regards Micklemouse

THE TERMINATOR 23:05 25 Jun 2004

Have you tried changing your display settings, to say 1024x768. Some games will only play in high res....TT

hugh-265156 23:16 25 Jun 2004

you can download it click here

hugh-265156 23:28 25 Jun 2004

ps. click here works ok for me online too

micklemouse 08:13 26 Jun 2004

Thanks for your answers, both of you

Terminator,, I am already on those settings so I guessed that was not the problem

Huggy,,, I still couln't play online or download it from Miniclip which really bugged me, but I tried the website you gave me and I downloaded the trial version no problem at all YIPEEE!!

Regards Micklemouse

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?