Video Plus again !

beanyboy 10:16 15 Feb 2006

Sorry about this people !

But there must be someone out there who knows why Video Plus will not work on my Panasonic EH 60 DVD Recorder when I Input or try to input to record a programme that has only 2 or 3 Figures dfor its Video PLus Number. When I do th is a mess age comes up asking me to check the number.
The number is obviously correct so why does this happen. Surely someone must have experienced it other than myself.
Cheers. Ken.

Lettervanman 13:26 15 Feb 2006

I did not realise that there are two or three digit numbers,the odd times that I have used Video Plus there were so many digits that I had to write them down.
However,having checked with the lady of the house who uses both our Panasonic VCR's all the time,she confirms that this is so. Sorry to say she has no problem with this. I would expect the DVD and VCR to use the same Video Plus software so can't explain your problem.

JayDay 14:15 15 Feb 2006

I can only imagine it is a problem with your equipment, and you should return it to place you purchased it. I can input 2 or 3 number with no problems. Also a quick Google search indicates that this problem is unique to you, which further suggest a faulty machine.

JWJH 15:09 15 Feb 2006

From the Panasonic Europe site

For operational queries on this product please visit our support pages for information; To access support pages Click Here.

If you require service, the most appropriate course of action would be for you to return this product to your retailer. If it is less than twelve months old, they can provide you with a remedy under the terms of the guarantee. If older than twelve months, a repair would be chargeable.

Alternatively you can take it to an authorised service agent for attention; there may be a handling fee. Those in your local area can be found through our support pages;

To Locate a Service Agent Click Here

For all other enquiries, please complete an e-mail via Contact Us
or telephone us on 08705 357357 and we will endeavour to assist.

Our opening hours are 9.00 to 17.30 Monday to Thursday, 9.30 to 17.30 Friday (excluding Bank Holidays)

CHRISTMAS OPENING HOURS:
23rd Dec - 9:00 - 11.30
24th - 27th - Closed
28th - 30th - 9:00 - 17:00
31st - 2nd Jan - Closed

Why not give them a call. Also I have downloaded the manual for this machine and it does not state that it uses Video Plus but something called "ShowView" and "GuidePlus+" which I believe is not available in the UK. Maybe Showview and Video Plus are not completely compatible.

JayDay 15:11 15 Feb 2006

I have Showview on my LG DVD Recorder, it is the same as VideoPlus.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017