Video playback speed problem

Trikie 11:35 23 Apr 2012

Editing my videos they are playing in very slow jerks. Tried looking at Youtube and these play back perfectly.

What could be the cause of this?

Woolwell 11:59 23 Apr 2012

What are the specs of your system and what OS? In particular how much RAM and are these HD videos?

Trikie 15:46 23 Apr 2012

operatingsystem: Windows XP HomeSystemDrive: C32bit or 64bit: 32 Bitmotherboard: ASUSTekprocessor: Pentium dual core 2.60GHzram: 4GB DDR2Video Card: Nvidea GeForce GTS250soundcard: RealtekHardDrive_Capacity: 500GB

It's a video that I made from a mimi DV tape some time ago. It's now on a DVD but I am trying to go back to the hard disk copy to alter it slightly.

No previous problems when playing it on the same PC.

Woolwell 15:50 23 Apr 2012

What program are you trying to edit it with and play it back on?

Editing video can place demands on a system. How much free space is there on the hard drive?

Is the problem whilst editing or after it has been edited?

Terry Brown 16:35 23 Apr 2012

download videopredo plus

http://www.videoredo.com/en/Download.htm

Select the 3rd option on this page.(Free Trial) Run the program and select the DVD option.

It is quite fast to load and you can then edit it, and save to your harddrive as a MPEG file.

This is ma fully function program with the only restriction is 30 days.

Terry

Trikie 17:22 23 Apr 2012

64Gb free space. Edited on Ulead VS9. I also have an edited version saved as an avi file. Playing this on Windows media Player is also slow and jerky.

Have checked other completed projects with mixed results - some play perfectly, others slow and jerky.

eedcam 18:34 23 Apr 2012

are you trying to edit direct from the disc perchance if so then get it onto the hard drive first .if its on the drive as an Iso image or videots folder thenuse dvd shrink its free as long as you just want basic cuts or shunts.With that you wont be changing format which may well be part of the problem dvd shrink

Trikie 21:27 26 Apr 2012

The original edited version is on a DVD and a copy is still on the hard disk as an AVI file.

I have loaded this file into Ulead as a new project to make minor alterations but both the project and the original AVI file are not playing back correctly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?