Video Playback Problems

PaWs_UK 10:27 19 Sep 2006

Hi,
My computer has recently decided it no longer wants to playback any video format whatsoever.
The problem started when my 6800gt graphics card appeared to have developed a fault (random text displayed onscreen - then machine lockup) and was replaced by a Radeon 9700 which appears to work fine.

What happens is:
(Using media player 10)after double clicking on the video file (it doesn't matter which format,they all do exactly the same)Media player displays the first frame of the movie and although the time slider is moving,the first frame just sits idle.
If i manually drag the slider the machine just grinds to a near halt

Oh,i don't know how relevent this is but the assumed faulty 6800gt works without problem in another computer - but still refuses to work in mine.

I'm using winXP home (sp2) and have installed no end of codec packs without success.

Also,my webcam displays and records video without problem - but playback (after recording)is impossible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

ArrGee 11:14 19 Sep 2006

...but maybe worth running this
click here

PaWs_UK 12:14 19 Sep 2006

Thanks for the program info but although it found shed loads of faults (which i took the risk and repaired) the problem still persists.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?