video out on ATI g-card

reddwarfcrew 13:56 17 Jul 2004

I've connect the video out from my graphics card to a video sender and then to my tv downstairs, but I don't get any picture (i knwo th video sender is working as i get sound and picture if I connect a dvd player to it)

Can anybody help me get my video amd audio to my TV?

ATI All in wonder 9000 card with winxp home.
thanks.

TomJerry 14:01 17 Jul 2004

You may need to Enable TV output. Right click ATI icon on system tray, select display setting, look around, you could find it. One another thing, you may need to set TV out signal format as PAL-I. Most devices have default NTSC which is TV format used in USA and Canada.

reddwarfcrew 14:26 17 Jul 2004

okay, got video, but no audio. video quality is pretty poor compared to the dvd player that was connected to the video sender.

All I'm really trying to do is get the audio to my hi-fi downstairs so i can use the pc as a giant jukebox.

TomJerry 22:01 17 Jul 2004

You can disconnect your PC speaker and connect sound card output to your video/audio sender.

If audio is what you want, Model MP101
Wireless Digital Music Player may be better for you. click here

reddwarfcrew 23:58 17 Jul 2004

The cable that came with my video card that plugs into the video out socket splits into various leads as follows:

s-video out, composite video out, digital audio out and analog audio out.

So I presumed that it looped the audio thru this cable so that you didn't have to keep switching the cable in the sound card. Otherwise what is the point of bundling such a cable?

Should I expect the video output on the TV to be inferior quality to my pc monitor?

thanks.

TomJerry 01:20 18 Jul 2004

You may modify TV output setting (i.e. change refresh rate etc) to improve it, but it is common the video quality is poor because TV and PC monitor are using different technology.

I agree with you about output box, maybe you can dig inside of ATI setting to see any difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires