Video Editing Software

User-7A745D18-AA77-4264-9D17E76CC8A1664E 10:44 06 Dec 2003

I am looking to purchase a video editing software package.

I have two products in mind, Pinnacle Stuido 8 and Ulead Videostudio 7. I would appreciate views on these products and on alternative packages also.

Many thanks.

MichelleC 10:59 06 Dec 2003

It depends on what you want to do. If you want to burn dvd's then S8 isn't your best choice unless you use nero or like. I use Movie Studio click here for the least amount of hassle.

wint 11:02 06 Dec 2003

Hi JamesF,

I am using Pinnacle Studio 8 at this very minute. I have to say that I have no experience of Ulead Videostudio 7 but I am happy with Studio 8.

Wint

Thanks for replies.

I am thinking about installing a DVD RW drive so burning DVD's will be important to me.

Belatucadrus 12:02 06 Dec 2003

There are a couple of free options that may be worth looking at :- Avid free click here and Zwei Stein click here

bremner 12:10 06 Dec 2003

I use Pinnacle 8 and find it very good for editing.

But...have a look at this thread click here

tes 12:15 06 Dec 2003

I use Pinnacle Studio 8 but I wouldn't recomend it.I have never managed to burn a dvd.I have had no end of trouble with analogue out & Pinnacle help is non existant.

wint 14:45 06 Dec 2003

I have had no problem burning to disk, it takes a long time to render before burning the disk though.
When I first installed the analogue capture card and software I had a couple of problems but the e-mail help desk put me right. Actually, I found the answer on the Pinnacle website help pages before the e-mail from help desk confirmed what I had already done.
A pal at work also uses St8 without any problems, he recommended it to me.

tes 16:31 06 Dec 2003

wint, don't get me wrong I like sr8 for every thing except burning to disc I now use Nero for that.Another prob I had when I upgraded from 7 to 8. I couldn't get the tutorial to work, when I tried to output to analogue it kept telling me it had not been captured in pal.I think I had been sent the american ver but pinnacle help wouldn'd agree they kept telling me to reinstall which I did many times. I even installed a new hard drive.I eventualy got round it by loading the tutorial from ver7

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review

How to draw a mandala

iPhone X review

Les meilleures enceintes Bluetooth à moins de 150 euros