Video editing with Premiere 6.0 ,DV500Plus ( XP )

Trikie 19:52 25 Feb 2005

3 years ago I bought a PC mainly for video editing. When the motherboard and a hard disk failed last month a local shop built a new PC and transferred the DV500Plus board and re-loaded Premiere 6.0

On trying to start a video editing session I had problems,read the manual and found that the Premiere software has to be loaded before the DV500 board is installed. I've checked with the shop - they did not know this and installed the board first.

I uninstalled both programs then installed Premiere followed by DV500. I now get a message "initialisation failed".

I presume that I should try uninstalling them both then remove the DV500 board, install Premiere then replace the board and finally install the DV500 software.

Being very non-technical do I need to disconnect all the other bits of hardware before removing the board and are there any internal connections to consider?

A bit basic but I don't want to risk doing something silly.

Jak_1 20:06 25 Feb 2005

Removed the board, completely uninstall all the software and then re-install. Re-fit the board then all should be fine.

Jak_1 20:08 25 Feb 2005

You need disconect nothing other than the boad and any leads to/from it.

woodchip 20:13 25 Feb 2005

As above but you need to remove ffrom Add Remove then Search in Explorer for the Program and delete all the program files also in Regedit you should do the same then reload software before you fit the card

Trikie 21:26 25 Feb 2005

Thanks. Jak 1 makes it sound easy but Woodchip makes me think that "unistall all the software" is a bit involved.

I use Add/Remove to uninstall Premiere and DV500 so what Program files am I searching for in Explorer? Does this mean that Add/Remove does not in fact remove everything?

How do I get to Regedit and what program files do I delete?

I'm glad I asked before going ahead with this!

Trikie 20:23 28 Feb 2005

^

woodchip 20:32 28 Feb 2005

Like this if 98, for XP just use Search, then follow the Regedit bit as that is the same as for Win98

To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box Premiere click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with Premiere in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type Premiere and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than Premiere then reboot your computer

Trikie 22:15 28 Feb 2005

Thanks Woodchip. Its a bit late for major surgery tonight so I'll try it tomorrow when I've got all day to play.

(As you've probably realised I'm into new territory)

Trikie 14:41 01 Mar 2005

Success. Thanks to you both.

I can now start again to redo the project that I lost when the hard disk failed - all 2004 footage.

I first e-mailed Premiere for advice before starting this thread. They finally answered today and somehow the words chocolate teapot came to mind.

Bless PC Advisor and its many helpers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie