Video editing pixelated

livewire 16:21 06 Jul 2006

Hi,

I was hoping to copy film from my DV camera to my computer and then burn the film on DVD. So, I connect the camera via USB and use Pinnacle Studio 9 to capture it. I set all the sliders to "best" but the video output is incredibly poor and pixelated even on the absolute best setting?

Why is this? What could be the problem here?

pj123 16:50 06 Jul 2006

Unfortunately, I have to say that Pinnacle is the problem.

I have tried Pinnacle 8, Pinnacle 8.12 and Pinnacle 9.4. None of them are any good.

I am now trying Sonic MyDVD but it doesn't appear to be any better.

I have a DVD Recorder which accepts Analogue and Digital. Haven't tried it for Digital yet but the Analogue recording is fine.

click here

john-232317 20:10 06 Jul 2006

You really need to capture video from your camcorder with a firewire not USB. Ulead programs are the best for capturing and editing video imho.

Monoux 20:26 06 Jul 2006

What you describe could be down to your PC not being powerful enough. I have used Pinnacle for a lot of years and had similar problems until I got a faster PC. What specs are you running ?

livewire 20:29 06 Jul 2006

specs:

ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
2gb RAM
ATi Radeon X850 XT PE

should be ok specs? Im thinking its cause of limited USB bandwidth perhaps?

Monoux 20:33 06 Jul 2006

Ok so your specs are well up to the job I reckon. I use Firewire. I assume your PC should have firewire cionnection and your DV Camcorder DV out. I would try to use Firewire as previously suggested by daddyassa. I think there are two types 4 pin to 6 pin and 4 pin to 4 pin. I am not sure but think the 4 pin is at the Camcodere end but your PC could have a 4 or pin socket

De Marcus™ 20:35 06 Jul 2006

What format are you saving as?

How long is the footage and how long does it take to encode it?

Does the pixelation only happen once burnt to disk or is it present in the captured footage when played back on pc?

Do you have firewire capability?

Monoux 20:36 06 Jul 2006

I really must read through B4 hitting the post response button

Corrected version

Ok so your specs are well up to the job I reckon. I use Firewire. I assume your PC should have a firewire connection and your DV Camcorder DV out. I would try to use Firewire as previously suggested by daddyassa. I think there are two types 4 pin to 6 pin and 4 pin to 4 pin. I am not sure but think the 4 pin is at the Camcoder end but your PC could have a 4 or 6 pin socket

As already mentinoed - use firewire to capture - not USB. Capture as 720 x 576 DV AVI.

The following programs encode to MPEG in good quality:-

Adobe Premiere Elements
Sony Vegas Studio
TMPEnc
Nero Vision Express
Mainconcept Stand alone
Canopus Express
MYDVD

Pinacle - well might be better now, but last time I looked it didnt.

woodchip 23:20 06 Jul 2006

What as happened is that you have used Pinnacle and it compressed the file. But if it's already compressed That's why you got what you got. It happened to me.

I have a Video that saves as Mpeg4=asf format. Very compressed

woodchip 23:26 06 Jul 2006

Firewire or USB2 are both the same in Pinnacle I use both with no problems. It's just a case of getting used to the program and your Hardware

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?