Video Editing & DVD making

johnincrete 07:51 23 Feb 2009

I have Adobe Premier Elements 1 that I bought years ago very cheaply with Photoshop. It's really too big and complicated for simple tasks.
Any suggestions for a cheap, easy program to import from a Mini DV camera via FireWire, editing being mostly clipping unwanted bits plus adding an extra sound track (eg background music), not many transitions and producing a DVD with simple menus.

BT 08:09 23 Feb 2009

You will already have Windows Movie Maker on your PC which will do most things. The only thing it won't do is make DVDs directly but you can save the file and use a 3rd party DVD burning program.

BT 08:11 23 Feb 2009

Something like DVD Flick will do the job and its free.
click here

Les28 11:48 23 Feb 2009

When using Windows Movie Maker after editing it's best to save the file you want to burn later to a video DVD as a DV-AVI type file to preserve best quality from a mini dv camcorder, rather than the many WMV file types offered.

In WMM after editing click on 3. Finish Movie, Save to My Computer, name and select a location for the file, then click next and select a file type, from the Other Settings drop down list select DV-AVI (PAL)

chubble10 17:01 23 Feb 2009

If you have Vista, then you will be able to make DVDs using that. If you want to be more professional, you can get a cheap copy of Nero 8 or 9, and this will have Nero Vision on it, which is really usefull.

johnincrete 08:56 27 Feb 2009

I'll try Nero Vision & Windows movie maker.
The answer to a question is easy if you know it - or, in the case of this forum, when you've got people out there who know the answer and are willing to take time to share it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires