Video Editing

reddwarfcrew 11:45 03 Aug 2006

Hi,

I have a sky+ box which I had upgraded with a 205gb hard drive. Unfortunately the drive has failed (checked using maxtor utils) and the drive is out of warranty.

I have the original 40gb hard drive which works fine but obviously doesn't have much storgage space.

Instead of buying a new bigger hard drive, I'm looking at getting a dvd recorder.

Is it possible to record from sky+ onto DVD and then put that into my PC and create my own DVD complation discs or is the format that it will record in not a format that you an extract onto PC.

I pretty much know it must be possible, but how straight forward is it really to do?

Thanks.

ArrGee 12:17 03 Aug 2006

Depends on what DVD recorder you buy. You should have one with an analogue input. Then a simple co-ax cable from one of the RF Out ports on Sky+ to the DVD recorder should do the trick.

reddwarfcrew 12:19 03 Aug 2006

I'm fine with capturing it onto the DVD recorder, its the editing on the PC that I'm not really sure of.

Cheers.

De Marcus™ 12:27 03 Aug 2006

Yes you can edit them on a pc, depending on the software you have and whether it can handle the DVD native format.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?