video does not play when uploaded.

Vashti 17:01 14 Oct 2006

I am not sure how to title this but does anyone know why when I have taken a video it will not run from my camera software. It runs if I leave my camera plugged up. All I get in my camera software is an image which is named eg: image 43 of 43. It does not run as a film. I hope I have not made it confusing. Does anyone know why?

Technotiger 19:15 14 Oct 2006

Hi, a bit more info from you might help - what OS, what Camera, what exactly are you trying to do with your film/pc?

Usually one needs a program something like XP's Windows Movie Maker, or Pinnacles Studio 9 - there are many other such programs, in order to perhaps make a dvd of one's film for instance.

Cheers.

Vashti 22:14 14 Oct 2006

Thanks for your interest. I am running a TCM camera with Ulead software on windows XP. When I had a Kodak canera my little videos ran automatically in the Kodak software and I could also e mail the videos. With this set up I can only run the videos with the camera plugged in and it runs on windows media. Without the camera plugged in I only have the last frame of the video as an image.

woodchip 22:34 14 Oct 2006

I have never tried that, only through TV. If I do it on the Computer I am using Video Editing software that copies it to the drive

Vashti 23:24 14 Oct 2006

I have never used video editing software. My videos just automatically played when I double clicked the video picture.

Vashti 23:08 16 Oct 2006

Many thanks for your help. I have found that I have to set up the video in movie maker before it actually plays. It is all new to me as it always automatically played on my old setup. Anyway, I have now sorted it out.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone