Video clip problem

PennyA 23:27 21 Feb 2003

I have a Fuji Finepix 6800 on which I took several little video films. Since I had a new hard drive installed I cannot open the clips and play them as videos. I have tried opening them with all the programmes such as Real One, W Media Player and Quick Time, but nothing works. I have even tried changing the file extensions. I have reloaded all the Finepix software and that doesn't work either.
Any suggestions?

Cordy13 00:06 22 Feb 2003

Does the Fuji Manual give any indication of which format it stores the clips? My Minolta S304 stores as .avi which open in QuickTime.

PennyA 08:34 22 Feb 2003

Cordy 13-thanks for your response. The format for the camera is the same as yours, but it is stored as a motion jpeg-this is what we now appear to have lost. I think I may try taking another movie picture and then seeing if that plays back-I might then be able to convert the others. (Fingers crossed).

anchor 09:22 22 Feb 2003

I too have a Fuji 6800, and videos made on this camera are in avi format. These play without problem on Windows media player.

I have just done a quick test to re-confirm this.

PennyA 10:52 22 Feb 2003

Anchor,
Thanks, my original clips played ok but since I had a new hard drive installed and have downloaded them from a disk where I had saved them, they don't work. I suspect that there is a driver or something missing since the new insatllation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?