Video clip on CDrw

roygbiv 09:07 09 Feb 2006

I want to put a video clip from a travel web page onto a CDrw for a friend (who'se NOT on the internet) so he can view it.

Is it possible, to
File- Saves AS- CDrw ??

roygbiv 10:42 09 Feb 2006

Just tried this way, the page saves, but the video WONT play. also tried saving to the desktop first and then on to CD rw, still Not playing.

Hertz Van Rentyl 11:46 09 Feb 2006

If you go to the internet temporary files and copy the file as it appears to a folder, then you should be able to make a copy on a CD. As long as your friend has software that can play the file it should work.

roygbiv 11:51 09 Feb 2006

Sorry, how do I do that ?

Hertz Van Rentyl 11:58 09 Feb 2006

Plan B. Can you right click on the video link in the page and click "save target as" This should place the file on your desktop, then copy as above

roygbiv 12:20 09 Feb 2006

Didnt work, all that it copies is the text and some (static) adverts or "web page problem"

looking at the properties of the video clip (webpage) it says "read only" whats this?

Hertz Van Rentyl 12:29 09 Feb 2006

Well its back to the temp files then. If you have played this video it will have been copied to your temp internet files. If you go to TOOLS\Internet options\and click on the settings button on the middle row that says temp internet files it will tell you the location of the files. Go there and hunt for your video file. Might be a good idea to clean up the temp files first then replay the video as it will cut down the searching.

Totally-braindead 12:35 09 Feb 2006

It is possible that the clip cannot be downloaded and hence cannot be burned onto disk.

roygbiv 12:55 09 Feb 2006

tried another webpage, still NOT copying to CDrw.. anyway I try ? all ways no video. going to try the temp. files way now

roygbiv 16:10 09 Feb 2006

Still cant get it to work.

Totally-braindead is probaly right (cant be downloaded)
Thanks Alan

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:34 09 Feb 2006

Have you got the page I am curious.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?