Video card/Monitor problem

NoobSaibot 13:20 12 Jul 2006

I have an hp lcd monitor and radeon x850xt VGA. Four days ago i was setting up a wireless home network when during installation of software i was told to restart my computer. Since this restart i have had no image on the monitor. I have checked most of the wiring/cables and took out the new pci network wireless card but nothing has helped. The main problem appeared to be was with the VGA so i sent it for repair and today i recieved it again with a letter saying that nothing is wrong with it. Although one glimmer of hope is that when i take the monitor cable out of the VGA, a message saying check video cable appears on the monitor and when i put it back in it says going to sleep and the LED turns orange. Could anyone please help me out here?

Thanks

brundle 14:18 12 Jul 2006

Check in your BIOS to see if there is an option to start with a specific display device - PCI or AGP.
Change it

NoobSaibot 15:48 12 Jul 2006

how can i check the bios when i dont even get a display?

blackstorm2k 15:52 12 Jul 2006

Have you tried using a different monitor?

NoobSaibot 15:54 12 Jul 2006

yes i have with no success, i have checked my hp lcp with another system and it worked. The monitor is ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?