Video Card needs Driver for Windows 7

mcheathen 12:53 21 May 2017

A mate of mine who is comper illiterate got and old PC from his boss. It ran on XP so I changed it to Windows 7 but I can't get the new video card driver.

Here are the PC specifications:

Make: Jem Ram: 16GB (1.94 GB usable) Processor: AMD Semiprom Pro 3000+ 1.81GHz HD: 140GB OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit SP 1

I came to the conclusion the video card driver is missing because screen savers don't work and games don't play even the ones supplied by windows such as card games.

I believe that the video card is called Direct3D, because whenever I choose a screen saver from the control panel I get a massage saying that the screen saver wont work because a new video card is required or a driver compatable with Direct3D.

I've tried the Windows troubleshooter but no success and I can't find one via googling - any suggestions?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:44 21 May 2017

waste of time installing 32bit windows when you have 16gb of ram

32 bit will only see 4 Gb this is why only 1.94 is usable so first install a 64bit version of windows.

then to find the make of the video card use something like speccy free. then you can download the drivers from the manufacturers web site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)