video card manufacturer for my pc?

boo_hiss_boo 10:09 18 Sep 2004

Please can someone help me find out who my video card manufacturer is. I have Sims2 for my daughter and the graphics keep freezing. Trouble shooter in the instructions tell me to update video card and also the chipset drivers. I can find the video card chipset is NVidia but can't figure out the actual video card manufacturer to download the latest driver.

Many Thanks
Boo

Diodorus Siculus 10:15 18 Sep 2004

nvidia.com should have drivers which will be fine for you - remember, the latest drivers are not always the best.

boo_hiss_boo 10:21 18 Sep 2004

Diodorus

Thanks. You say the latest drivers ar not always the best... how will I know whether to download or not?

Thanks
Boo

Audeal 10:23 18 Sep 2004

boo_hiss_boo: Download and install Belark. This will tell you everything you want to know about your computer and it hardware. click here

Rayuk 10:24 18 Sep 2004

Download them and instal them,if you have problems try a different driver,till you find one that works ok.

boo_hiss_boo 10:42 18 Sep 2004

Thank guys, I did the Belarc thing and it did not seem to tell me the actual video card manufacturer (but then I am a bit of a noob with these techy details!), so I will go with the driver advice from y'all and try the chipset drivers... :o)

Thanks
Boo

boo_hiss_boo 10:43 18 Sep 2004

Thank guys, I did the Belarc thing and it did not seem to tell me the actual video card manufacturer (but then I am a bit of a noob with these techy details!), so I will go with the driver advice from y'all and try the chipset drivers... :o)

Thanks
Boo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone