Video card driver isn't working

clueless guy 07:42 27 Jun 2016

Hi! I recently formatted my computer, I installed Windows Ultimate and was updating my drivers but when i rebooted, my computer wouldn't turn on (it would get past the windows starting screen and after that it was just a black screen). I googled the problem and I found out how to solve it; I had to boot my computer in safe node and delete my graphics card driver (I had a NVIDIA driver). Since then I've been trying to find a driver that would work, I have GeForce GT 220. I noticed a lot of people have this problem and as far as I know, noone was able to find a solution. I want to know if the problem is in my software or do I just have to buy a new video card?

Govan1x 09:41 27 Jun 2016

This looks like the driver you want. Nothing for W10 on it so W8.1 driver update should do.

Now this was based on a 64 bit version if you use 32bit it maybe different.

Unsure just run the scanner and it will check for what you need.

Not 100% sure I have chosen the correct one so wait for other comments.

Click Here

BRYNIT 09:46 27 Jun 2016

"Hi! I recently formatted my computer, I installed Windows Ultimate"

You don't say which OS you are using or if it's 32 or 64bit. From the Nvadia web site CLICK HERE you will find drivers for Windows from Xp to 10 remember to select the correct one.

Govan1x 10:53 27 Jun 2016

BRYNIT

Yup same as mine but it only goes up to W8.1 and no show for W10 unless I have misread it.

clueless guy 13:41 27 Jun 2016

I'm sorry i forgot to tell you I have windows 7 ultimate.

clueless guy 13:44 27 Jun 2016

64-bit

clueless guy 15:03 27 Jun 2016

This looks like the driver you want. Nothing for W10 on it so W8.1 driver update should do. Now this was based on a 64 bit version if you use 32bit it maybe different. Unsure just run the scanner and it will check for what you need. Not 100% sure I have chosen the correct one so wait for other comments.

This is the driver I tried and it didn't work.

BRYNIT 21:01 27 Jun 2016

Govan1x

You did not misread it you just didn't look hard enough. To confuse you Windows 8 drivers were below and the Windows 10 drivers were above the Widows 7 drivers.

clueless guy

Have a read of CLICK HERE remember to download the correct drivers if you are using Windows7 64-bit you will need the 64-bit drivers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?