Video Card?

AlexPB 22:30 23 Jan 2008

Hi,

On my main home PC when I scroll down a page the movement is not smooth, it is more of a jumpy/jerky movement.

I belive that this is due to needing a graphics card upgrade but I am making sure first.

Thanks
Alex.

AlexPB 22:43 23 Jan 2008

Also the cursor gets quite jumpy and slowish to respond when it comes to media type pages and also I have tried some online flash games and it is very jumpy on those as well...Im guessing th graphics card..?

alan2273 22:45 23 Jan 2008

Before you splash the cash, have you got the latest drivers for your graphics card?.

DieSse 23:23 23 Jan 2008

alan2273 is quite right - not having correct - or the best - driver does cause this.

Your PC being too "busy" because it's bunged up with old files and running too many programs - or having malware/viruses - can also cause a mouse pointer to become jerky.

Let us have some details about your system, including Processor speed, RAM, graphics card etc - then we'll be able to help further.

Good program for getting those (and more) details is PCWizard2008 click here

AlexPB 09:44 24 Jan 2008

Ok, thanks for the replies.

My system is as follows:

- Packard bell machine
- 1Gb RAM
- Intel celeron D
- Unshore of the Graphics Card
- Updated sound card (still 2.1 though)
- 250Gb H.D

Also i currently download all windows updates when notified so everything should be up to date.

Thanks

DieSse 11:45 24 Jan 2008

Hi AlexPB - unfortunately that doesn't tell us quite enough - did you run the download I gave you - this will give comprehensive information.

Also windows updates are not necessarily enough to do the graphics card/chipset updates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?