Video Card

Spr 15:52 10 Jan 2006

I’ve bought the game FEAR my PC has all the requirements to play the game
Windows XP, Pentium 4 2.4GHz ,1.23Gb of RAM Radeon 9800 Pro Video Card.

I cannot play the game and I keep receiving the following message.
“Auto detect has detected that your computer may not have enough video card memory to able to run”.

What does it mean? The Video card has 128mb memory The game cannot be play.
I put in an old Ge4 Video Card and the game plays perfectly well

keith-236785 16:19 10 Jan 2006

go to the manufacturers web site and see if there are any drivers available which might need to be installed (though windowsXP should be ok with the default drivers) it might not be the ammount of memory that is the problem as much as directX, a few games demand directX 9 and some cards do not support that, check your card is directx9 compatible and see if the game spec mentions directx 9.

i had this problem with Broken Sword 3 and had to buy a new graphic card to play the demo (strangely though, once i bought the game it only needed directx 8).

i have had a quick look and if this is your card "Radeon Atlantis 9800 Pro 128 Mb AGP" then it reprts as supporting directx 9.0

the following is from a review site about the game F.E.A.R. supports the DirectX 8 rendering path, but we highly recommend you purchase a DirectX 9.0 video card to really take advantage of the game. If you play F.E.A.R. with a DirectX 8 video card, you’re really missing out on many of the features that the game has to offer. It’s almost like calling wiffle ball baseball. The game is the same, but you know it’s just not right. data from click here

hope this might be of some help to you

Spr 19:18 10 Jan 2006

Thanks all fixed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone