video card

inneedofhelp 14:53 16 Jun 2004

hello all, Setup is,AMD 2700 XP,760mb ram,80 gogs, radeon 9800xt on a assrock mobo.
I have just re-installed windows, drovers, programs etc after a recent format.

Eveything works fine but now when I am doing anything graphic intensive eg fltsim,halo, harry potter(whoops, did i say that out load) the monitor lcd ges from green to amber, then nothing. All i can hear is the sound coming from the game. this happens about 10 mins in on fltsim, 3 mins in on harry potter and about an hour in halo.

I have most up tot date direct x installed plus the most up to date catlyst drivers,control panel for my graphics card. at the moment, nothing is overclocked and i have a thermaltake case with 8 fans so i know its not overheating. The psu is a 400watt, like i said, ive never had this problem before

any ideas

dogtrack 16:13 16 Jun 2004

perhaps try another monitor...borrow off a mate. See if situation then persists. if not, then your monitor is at fault. If it does, then your graphic card is to blame.

Fruit Bat 16:44 16 Jun 2004

directx 9.0 is causing some problems as reported on several forums perhaps a revert to DX8 might solve the problem?

citadel 18:16 16 Jun 2004

If the monitor blacks out but the game sound still plays it could be the monitor failing. I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the monitor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017