Video Capture Sound Problems

KenM66 21:17 25 Dec 2007

I just got a present for christmas. A video capture device that I wanted.

It came with some software to capture files. The video was captured fine and turned out great.

However, I cannot hear any sound no matter what I try.

The USB to DVD cords are hooked up right, the red white and yellow cords. There is an audio input/output cord that comes from the device, that says it goes to the sound card in the computer, but I have no idea where to plug it in. If I plug it into where the speakers go I cannot hear any sound out of my computer.

I have transfered 3 or 4 files to my computer from my dvd player and no sound on any of them.

What is wrong??????

MCE2K5 21:23 25 Dec 2007

"I just got a present for christmas. A video capture device that I wanted.": Which One, Make & Model Please.

"It came with some software to capture files.": Name & Version of Software.

MCE2K5 21:25 25 Dec 2007

I wish I could read Minds, I could make a fortune :-)

KenM66 21:31 25 Dec 2007

LOL- Sorry

It is the DVD Maker USB 2.0- KWorld.

What happened is I am also using a program called Power Producer to capture the files.

On the configuration I there is either CD Audio, Mono Mixer, Stereo Mixer, or Microphone.

I've tried all 4 of those settings, the only time it worked it when I plugged it into the microphone slot, but the audio is very choppy and annoying.

MCE2K5 21:37 25 Dec 2007

"On the configuration I there is either CD Audio, Mono Mixer, Stereo Mixer, or Microphone": On that panel click Options then Properties. Change the Mixer Device to (On Mine it's RealTek HD Audio Input), Click OK Button, Below Line Volume, Put a Tick in Box to the Left Of Select.

Try that and come back and let us know if it sorted it.

KenM66 21:40 25 Dec 2007

Where does it say options and properties?

MCE2K5 21:41 25 Dec 2007

Are you trying to Back-Up (Copy) Bought DVD's.

Just a Question, don't panic.

KenM66 21:42 25 Dec 2007

I am just backing up a dvd in my dvd player.

MCE2K5 21:43 25 Dec 2007

Yes I know, But is it a Film DVD Bought off the shelf.

KenM66 21:44 25 Dec 2007

It is a store bought dvd.

I know other people who use this software that back-up DVDs like this..

MCE2K5 21:54 25 Dec 2007

Ken, If the DVD has Macrovision Copy Protection on it, You Cannot Copy the Film, It looses the Synchronisation between Sound & vision, The picture Fades and the sound goes off altogether.

"I know other people who use this software that back-up DVDs like this..": Yes but they Back-up the DVD with other software to take out Macrovision protection.

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

ManvsMachine win UK's only Gold Design Cannes Lions award

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?