video capture to pc

belcher 01:22 06 Jan 2003
  belcher 01:22 06 Jan 2003

i have a old camcorder(samsung) and want to transfer the tapes to pc.So i went out and bought dazzle video creator 50.ive managed to put it on the pc useing windows me movie maker but the picture is in black & white and very fuzzy & slow. Do i need better softwear & a good capture card.

bigray 06:56 06 Jan 2003

Don,t like to see no replies, I have a hauppauge tv card & have no trouble capturing video, hope this helps

scotty 10:54 06 Jan 2003

If you have an old analogue camcorder, it is worth considering replacing it with a Digital 8 camcorder which has the capability to read your old analogue tapes and to output them to pc using firewire connection (e.g. Sony TRV240). This would save you having to buy a separate capture card. You can get a package with camcorder, firewire card and Pinnacle Studio software which will give you all the kit you need.

WaTcHiNg 14:41 06 Jan 2003

Sounds like the input may be selected as NTSC. Check your settings and make it PAL. Also if it's slow, check your PC meets the minimum spec. Video capture/editing takes a lot of resource.

This also looks like a USB capture device, I've no personal experience of them but know people that have used them and taken them back. There's not much information about capture rates/frame sizes on the dazzle website but I wouldn't have thought it was going to break any quality records.

ono 13:38 08 Jan 2003

I use 'Zipshot'(no longer available) which is similar in quality (320 resolution and 15 fps) and I think WaTcHiNg is right.As I want to digitise old analogue video I looked at
Dazzle's Hollywood Bridge,which is A/D and D/A converter,
Digital camcorders with analogue in and digital out
but since I need to get a new computer (I only have a PII 233MHz), I think I'll get one with ATI's 'all in wonder' graphics card which has a break out box for analoque as well as firewire inputs.All the above will give DVD quality resoltion.

MichelleC 15:26 08 Jan 2003

I mostly use Video Factory by Sonic Foundry and most people who had the Dazzle chucked it away. They now use the Canopus analogue converter or AIW.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?