Video Capture MPEG2 Decoder

leedaz 14:05 14 Oct 2006

I've been capturing (from VHS),video, with Ulead video studio 10. All was well until today after not having used it for a while I captured some video and on playback there was a black section at the bottom which said ... LEAD MPEG2 Eval Decoder (2.0). I have installed some pieces of software since last using Ulead 10 Including Roxio 8 and Blaze media pro and I'm sure 1 of these has installed this, but I can't find it on my system. I dont want to install the 2 pieces of software 'cos I use them a lot, but I need to get rid of this from my video capture before burning to DVD. Any ideas folks? TIA.

leedaz 14:05 14 Oct 2006

I dont want to install the 2 pieces

should read 'uninstall'

De Marcus™ 14:37 14 Oct 2006

Sounds like the ulead mpeg2 decoder was an evaulation version, have you purchased Ulead video 10 or were you using the trial version?

If not, uninstall Ulead and reinstall from fresh.

leedaz 15:32 14 Oct 2006

Thanks De Marcus™ but using full version of ulead 10. I think we are talking about 2 different companies here...

click here

and

click here

just a coincidence on the names?

De Marcus™ 18:35 14 Oct 2006

Ulead is using the trial version of the lead 10 programs mpeg decoder instead of it's own. I'm not a ulead user so can't help much more than that suffice to say that you should look at the ulead settings and see if you can reinstate uleads own decoder, or get rid of LEAD 10 and reinstall ULead VS 10.

leedaz 06:10 15 Oct 2006

OK Thanks De Marcus™ I'll take a look around the settings and report back if successful.

leedaz 08:18 15 Oct 2006

It seems that this notice only appears on the mpeg played back in WMP.If I convert to AVI or edit the movie in ulead the strap isn't there, I'll burn a DVD and see if it's on there or not...meanwhile here is a screenshot from Blaze media pro

click here

where it gives me the option of using different audio and video codecs to capture with,and lead mpeg2 is in the list so I should be able to fiddle around and sort it out..He says!! Thanks for the ideas I'll tick this as resolved ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?