Video Capture

Seadog 17:38 19 Sep 2003

Can anyone tell me where I can get suitable video capture drivers (or the programs I need!)for my firewire port on my SB Audigy soundcard.
I have been told that I should be able to link my video camcorder to my PC and edit/capture home movies and such.
The firewire port is enabled, I am using win XP, with 128Mb graphics on a P4 2.4GHz processor and 512 RAM.
I have a lead to connect the camera to the firewire port, but when I open Ulead videostudio the only capture device the computer "sees" is my webcam.
Any suggestions welcome, and thanks in advance!

LAP 18:47 19 Sep 2003

Have you tried Movie Maker which comes with XP?

Seadog 19:04 19 Sep 2003

Just tried that, but the only video device that is listed to capture/import from is my web cam. I do not have the option to capture from firewire. Something must need enabling or whatever..............someone out there must be able to help!

BLH 19:05 19 Sep 2003

I use Pinnacle Studio ver.8.6 very easy to setup and work with. makes movie editing simple.
Hope this helps.

Seadog 19:22 19 Sep 2003

I don't think it is the program that is at fault, must be the way the firewire is set up, XP is reporting it as a network device!??

christmascracker 19:23 19 Sep 2003

I've got Firewire and it's listed as a Network card

Seadog 20:08 19 Sep 2003

Sorted!

Used the firewire port on the back of the machine instead of the one on the front panel, works all OK now. Front firewire mustn't be enabled or something, anyway, not a problem. (Maybe if I read the SB Audigy manual all will become clear!)
Thanks chaps :-)

phredd 20:14 19 Sep 2003

Seadog,

If by 'sorted' you mean thaqt your problem is resolved, don't forget to tick the threas as 'resolved'. I'm sure your thanks are appreciated but you should also 'close' the thread.

phredd 20:21 19 Sep 2003

Seadog,

Sorry, my apologies, I was looking at a different thread that was still open!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?