Video in browser crashes and lags the browser

NopeImSorry 03:15 20 Jun 2014

Whenever I play videos in a browser (any browser), they might play for awhile, then suddenly it'll repeat a part of the video (normally a few frames) a couple of times, and then the visuals stop playing, but the audio will continue, the audio doesn't experience any problems in fact. Not all video players do this mind you, youtube's video player doesn't do this, however their ads do, so does facebook video, and a few others. I've tried reinstalling flash, tried disabling Chrome's built in flash, tried clearing cache. Tried looking for viruses, though I might try another antivirus just to double check. So yeah, nothing's working, wondering if you'd maybe know of the problem. Also like I said in the title, it lags the browser until the video stops or I manage to eventually close the tab. And yes I have tried WMP and VLC and they work fine.

NopeImSorry 16:22 20 Jun 2014

8GB RAM Intel HD Graphics 400 1780MB video memory Win8

NopeImSorry 19:49 20 Jun 2014

I did yes. And I did it again, just incase.

rdave13 20:02 20 Jun 2014

Try another browser, such as Firefox, to eliminate or prove if it is a browser fault.

NopeImSorry 22:02 20 Jun 2014

Tried that, tried Opera, exact same issue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?