VHS to PC Hardware

Wellpastit 14:14 29 Mar 2003

Many articles have been written on transfering VHS to PC but they all gloss over the hardware needed.
Video Capture Card, or Graphics card that includes a socket to connect a VCR, or TV tuner card, or external capture device.
My graphics card is
INO3D Tornado GeForce 4 Ti 4200 Accelerator that has just one Monitor output, and a small round socket - two pins per side and slot top and bottom.
The manual supplied is for the Ti 4400 and 4600 only, and the diagram is side view only so I cannot see the actual pins, but it could be a VGA DB15 Connector.
If this cannot be used, I would prefer a external capture device or else a video capture card.
I have no interest in a TV tuner card.
One article mentioned sending Digital signals from a VHS to a SB1394 socket.
I have a Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum with external Control box, that contains SB1394 socket, RCA aux in, optical SPDIF in/out, RCA spdif in/out.
Can I use any of these?
my VHS recorder is getting on in years and only has 1 scart plus phono type audio sockets.
I would be prepared to purchase a VHS recorder if that would end my problem
( I cannot find external / internal video carpture cards on the web, only TV tuners )

i have no nickname 15:07 29 Mar 2003

I currently use a video capture card supplied with Pinnacle DC10 plus.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?