VHS to CD

bluto1 21:22 15 May 2007

I`ve a number of VHS recordings that I`d like to transfer to CD, and quite frankly I don`t know where to start. I phoned a mate and he said I need a Graphics card with Video-in and/or a video capture lead.
The graphics card I`ve got is NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro (M/S Corp) [Display Adaptor]
Is it any good for the purpose? If not, can you point me in the right direction. A basic one will do provided it can do the transfers. Cash is at a premium right now, but I`m willing to wait. As for the Video capture lead, I`ve no idea what he`s talking about, can you help here too please?
Grateful for any help.

Diversion 22:58 15 May 2007

I copy mine to my DVD recorder, I have 100's of video films that I have bought over the years. And when I fancy watching one of the videos I connect it to my DVD recorder and record the movie to DVD whilst I watch it. I assume that's what you are after doing too. I'd have thought you needed a TV card of sorts to do it on the PC, but I stand to be corrected on that point as I’m not sure.

iarno 23:12 15 May 2007

You might find this useful. It tells you what specs you need.
I find it work very well.

click here

bluto1 23:49 15 May 2007

I don`t want to use DVD yet, but you mentioned a TV card. Any more info?

iarno,
I`ll look at this tomorrow, there`s a little of the translation lost on me at the moment, but it looks good.

Thank you both.

Diversion 00:12 16 May 2007

Maybe this is what you're after there are better ones than this under Products & Graphics Cards & at the bottom TV Tuners click here#

Diversion 00:16 16 May 2007

I didn't realize that they where so cheap, I might just get one myself.

iarno 16:31 16 May 2007

bluto1
Sorry but it looks as if the sale of this has ended. Dont know why. I think there are similar products out there, will have a search for you.

iarno 17:23 16 May 2007

This one is similar to mine,see if you think it's what your after. Good price at £25.

Snec 17:53 16 May 2007

Which one?

bluto1 18:49 16 May 2007

Thank you both for the help. The TV capture card may be just what I need. I`ll tick as resolved, but if any problems later I`ll come back. Thanks again.

iarno 18:52 16 May 2007

Oooooops, forgot the click here. Must be my age.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?