VGA Spliter or switcher?

  chrisbenwalker 22:02 12 Jul 2008

I am looking for a decent option to allow me to use both my PC and xbox 360 through the VGA input on my Samsung 19" monitor.
At the moment, I have to take the PC vga out of the back of the monitor, to then plug in the Xbox 360 vga in to the same monitor to allow me to use that.
I am wondering if the way to go is a vga splitter (one male input to the monitor, with 2 female outputs alowing connection of both. (would this then give me a ghosting image if both devices were on at the same time?)
Or something like this which I have found on ebay
click here
expensive I know but it might go quite cheaply if I'm lucky. Would this kind of device likely give a ghosting problem?
Any advice appreciated....

  Ditch999 22:15 12 Jul 2008

A basic KVM switch would suffice click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?