VGA output on LCD TV

i've no idea 21:45 19 Feb 2006

I have bought a Samsung LCD TV which has a PC imput via a vga cable.

When I connect up with laptop all is ok. I can see desktop etc.

However whenever I try to play a movie with windows media player I can hear the music and it plays on the laptop screen but not on the TV.

Any ideas anyone?

Djohn 01:01 20 Feb 2006

Not certain, but think you need to go into your cards properties and sellect the second monitor that is on display there, this will then output the image to your TV.

johnnyrocker 11:27 20 Feb 2006

click here might be of use to you it is what i use for making videos and watching from pc to tv

johnny.

i've no idea 14:27 20 Feb 2006

tahnks guys will have a look when I get home from work.

Only thing I can't understand is why I can see the desktop on there but not content from windows player?

rmcqua 14:34 20 Feb 2006

I have had similar problems with some of the white board projectors at my school. Try cycling through Fn + F5 a few times. That sometimes works - it cycles through combinations of the laptop's screen and the VGA output.

johnnyrocker 14:50 20 Feb 2006

that is the exact prob i had with my set up, i could see windows player for example but not the content it was playing, it was resolved using my suggestion, works with all players, dvx, vcl etc.

johnny.

i've no idea 11:38 21 Feb 2006

Installed the software and it said my graphics card was not supported.

Messed with loads of settings and cycled through the target for output screens and for some reason it's now working?

Don't know whether it was the software or my messing with settings and don't care!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?