VGA TO HDMI CONVERTER NOT WORKING

Rosalie86 10:01 21 Apr 2015

Hi, My VGA to HDMI converter isn't working on my second screen. but if I go HDMI to HDMI direct it does so I know the second screen works fine. I have also tried it 'VGA to HDMI' on another screen and it does work. So in short.. My screen 'Panasonic Vieira' can receive a signal 'HDMI to HDMI' but not from a VGA to HDMI converter which I know works.

Any advice please

Rosalie86 09:20 22 Apr 2015

Thanks for your reply.. I don't know the make (it doesn't say) Got it off eBay from China. The strange thing is that it works when I tried a different TV.. Maybe my TV isn't compatible with the converter.. is that possible??

Procrastinus 16:49 22 Apr 2015

Try another converter - looks like yours may have failed.

Rosalie86 10:12 23 Apr 2015

I’m going to try another converter tomorrow! but as I said, the converter I have at the moment works on one TV but not the other (Mine) how strange!.

Rosalie86 19:52 24 Apr 2015

The up-date then!

I've tried another converter... still no joy. :-( The strange thing is, if I attach my Laptop to my TV (HDMI to HDMI) that works fine. It seems my TV can't receive a strong enough signal from a 'VGA to HDMI converter'. I've tried 2 converters and I know they both work.

Any advice people. Many thanks

Rosalie86 09:25 25 Apr 2015

Hi, I've tried both these on a different TV and they work.

click here thanks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?from=R40&trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&nkw=New+PC+Audio+VGA+to+HDMI+HD+HDTV+1080P+Video+Box+Adapter+Converter+For+DVD+PS3+&sacat=0

Many

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?