VGA from Acer PC to LG TV - No Sound

peterleay 11:07 30 Jul 2010

I've connected my Acer PC [tower] to my LG tv with a VGA and HDMI lead,get good pic but no sound. My pc audio output is connected to my amp, and then through standard hi-fi speakers, enabling me to listen to music which is on my pc hard drive, but in this instance there's no sound. Any ideas please? Thanks.

Big L 266 15:55 30 Jul 2010

Hello.

A couple of things have sprung to mind so here goes...

1.Have you inserted the jack-plug from the computer soundcard in the right output slot at the back?

2.If yes,have you inserted the jack-plugs into the right inputs at the back of the amp?

3.If yes,have you set the amp to select either "auxiliary" (or appropriate input)in order to get the amp to send the signal to the speakers?

Let me know if this works as I'll be here until 5ish.

Big L 266

peterleay 16:10 30 Jul 2010

I've done all that because I have a permanent audio connection between the pc and the amp/speakers, with no problems at all. It's only when I linked the pc with a VGA connection that there is no audio. Thanks.

woodchip 18:50 30 Jul 2010

Is the Audio connected to Earphones or Audio Out? Try it other way round

peterleay 18:54 30 Jul 2010

The audio is connected to the 'Audio Out' at the back of the pc,then a phone input to 'Aux'in the amp

woodchip 21:42 30 Jul 2010

turn volume down and try it in phono socket

DieSse 22:26 30 Jul 2010

The VGA connection does not carry sound - only pictures. You have to get the sound connected another way.

You need to take it from the connection you use to the amp - and find out how you can get it into the TV - that depends on the TV connectors and how you select the various inputs.

peterleay 22:36 30 Jul 2010

DieSse - that seems logical, I thought it might be something to do with how I've got the whole audio system set up. I'll give trhat a try. Thanks

peterleay 22:37 30 Jul 2010

Woodchip - I'll try that as well. Thanks a lot. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?