Very weird problem with graphics cards

RobOnline 18:46 27 Jul 2010

Yesterday my monitor wasn't working, so I tried a new monitor and it still wasn't working. So I changed my graphics card to my old one which is built into my computer, I've had my new one for about 2 months. Then it worked, but today my old one isn't working, so I tried my new one and it works today. Anyone have any clue what is happening? xD

RobOnline 19:01 27 Jul 2010

Well i just updated my new graphics card, had to restart my computer and it's stopped working again. But my old one works now.

james105051 19:13 27 Jul 2010

If you have onboard graphics and wish to switch to a third party graphics card, it is always advisable to enter the BIOS at start up, and set the onboard graphics to "disabled", it is probably set to "Auto".

RobOnline 20:11 27 Jul 2010

Well I just went into BIOS > Hardware, and my graphics card or whatever was set to PCI, instead of PCI express and something else so it looks like it's already ignoring it to me. I went into system > hardware > device manager, and my new graphics card (which is currently plugged in) is the only one recognised.

citadel 22:37 27 Jul 2010

when you install a graphics card then restart pc the bios finds the card and onboard graphics is auto disabled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?