very slow outlook express

Bike-it 19:13 23 Aug 2005

Hi i am using windows xp and also use tiscali broadband, but this past week when i open outlook express to receive my emails it takes an eterenity to receive them, thinking i might have a virus or spyware i ran both my Kaspersky antivirus and my microsoft antispyware programmes but nothing was found, can anyone give me any advice on this or point me in the right direction, try and keep all replies as simple as possible as i am not to confident with these computers yet.

GaT7 19:24 23 Aug 2005

These are not the most scientific methods but they have helped me.

Try moving messages from the Inbox folder into their own folders (create more folders if necessary). Leave a max of 5-10 in Inbox, or move ALL if possible - this is just for troubleshooting purposes.

Also in OE, select File -> Folder -> Compact all folders.

If you still have problems let us know. G

Bike-it 19:46 23 Aug 2005

Hi crossbow i have tried youe suggestions i will wait and see if it has helped, thanks for the help

tell_boy 22:11 23 Aug 2005

Did you find that they were always slow to receive from the point you first noticed it?
Try sending yourself an Email.
If it is OK sometimes and sometimes slow it is generally a server problem in my experience probably nothing wrong at your end

Bike-it 23:18 23 Aug 2005

Hi tell boy i sent myself an email and received it in seconds, maybe a problem with the tiscali server

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017