Very slow Braodband download Speeds

riscuser 18:25 16 Jul 2007

I am not sure how to respond to an answer to my original question, but I was advised to download DrSpeedTouch, this I have done and run it, the Diagnostics give :-
1, My Computer OK
2, SpeedTouch OK
3, ISP OK
4, Internet, Problem is detected to the internet.
On clicking Troubleshoot I am presented with
Connecting to a Website Failed
Dr SpeedTouch was unable to reach a Website via HTTP.

This is typically due to an incorrect Proxy Server configuration. Using a Proxy Server is currently disabled.

Please make sure no Firewall or local proxy software is preventing Dr SpeedTouch from connecting to the Internet.

Verify your service provider installation instructions for Proxy Server configuration and press the link below to verify or reconfigure your computer's Internet Settings.

I have checked as shown and all the settings on my Computer as per the examples, so I have changed nothing.

I am still connecting at 2.1 to 2.5Mbps but still only get a down load reading on DrSpeedtouch of between 0Kbps to about 460Kbps, I have tested the line vie BT wholesale and it confirms the line is capable of 2.2 or greater, and possibly 8Mbps.

I have tried the filter and modem at the test socket of the NTE5 and did get 2.5 Mbps, but still the very low downloads of 1 to abut 460Kbps, I have obtained these reading whilst trying to watch news 24 on either IE or Firefox, with only the New 24 window open and only 1 browser at a time. I have asked my isp to contact me after they have had the line tested by BT wholesale who are the suppliers of BB to the ISP.

Has any one any ideas please.

I have tried another filter. and had only the filter and the modem connected to the test skt.

Jackcoms 20:16 16 Jul 2007

Please stick to the one thread rather than starting a new one on the same subject. click here

I suggest that you tick this one as resolved and stick with your original thread

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?