Very poor performance with Messenger Live

Sapins 18:32 08 Jan 2009

My B-I-L in the UK has XP Home SP3 and a broadband connection as I have in France. We used Messenger Live to have a video call and the performance was really bad, there was a 3 time echo on the sound and the picture was very jerky and slow to "keep up" with our actual movements.

Our screen resolutions are above the recommended ones, there was a message along the top of the window saying the network connection was slow and this may affect the performance. Is there anything else we can do to improve things, whilst we had a good laugh at the echo's etc; we soon got fed up of the poor performance.

This was our first attempt at using messenger so maybe we have missed something basic!

howard64 19:52 08 Jan 2009

this could be a setting on either of the pcs and nothing to do with messenger. Do you know someone else with web cam setup that you could try with. If one of you has problems but the other has a good connection then it would point to the pc needing to be looked at.

Sapins 09:15 09 Jan 2009

Hi, both pictures from the web cams are very clear and steady when no one is speaking, I have followed the instructions to set up the web cams, I will try a connection with a friend to compare them,

Thanks for you help,

Regards,

Sapins

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?