VERY Frustrating prob with new £2000 PC, BSOD etc

KorgY 13:40 02 Jun 2008

Hello,

I've have my pc now for about 2 months from overclockers, it's an Ultima Series click here="Ultima%20Formula%20SLi%208800%20GTX"%20Intel%20Core%202%20Quadro%20QX9650%203.00GHz%20Quad%20Core%20SILENT%20DDR2%20System for detailed specs on it.

Compared to my last pc's I’ve had lots of probs with this. Firstly, when gaming (it's labeled a Gaming pc by the way) The SOUND makes very loud ear piercing noises during gaming (Crysis, Need for speed carbon etc), and in Colin McRae’s "Dirt" the game sor t of "Freezes" about 1 minute into the game (not a crash but a ONE FRAME per second slideshow, forcing me to reboot.

I thought it WAS the sound card as an issue (Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty), However, I have changed sound cards altogether, to an Em-u 0404 Music sound card, and Also the Supreme FXII (PCIx1) that came with the Motherboard. I have the exact problem on each card, with game freezes and noise in games.

Also, I get an awful amount of BSOD (blue screen of death), at least 3 a night. With “page_memory” or some other prompt coming up. I’ve done Formats – many of them. I’ve used my native Windows XP 32, and also Vista 32, and 64, but still the same. (Codemasters Dirt doesn’t crash on 64 bit Vista though, I will say, but it won’t utilize my SLI cards either though). I don’t want to go on, but I also use it for music creation too (CUBASE SX3), and all my VST plugins work fine until I add reverb to them, or presets that use reverb. This ear piercing noise is there again. (this, also on several cards)

Can anyone point me to some sort of solution?, as I will ring overclockers up, but not sure what to say as it’s not a single issue, but one of crashes, sound, etc (all laterst drivers BTW).

Specs: Intel Core 2 Quadro Extreme QX9650 3.00GHz/NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB SLI/Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB.

Thank you for any help at all,

PS: My other/older System, which is an FX-55 from 3 years ago (Evesham bless em:!), works flawlesslewy on all above games programmes - albeit, slower......

Korgy:)

gardener 13:44 02 Jun 2008

I'd contact Overclockers before doing anything. If they're worth their salt they should take it back and fix it for you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:41 02 Jun 2008

've have my pc now for about 2 months

then its still in warranty send it back and get it fixed don't mess with it yourself as you may void warranty if you do.

KorgY 17:49 02 Jun 2008

OK, Advice taken:)

Thanks

(Will keep you posted)

KorgY

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?