Vertical writing in Word

  Duncanf 09:46 25 Aug 2007

I'm working on a table and inserting various text sections. How can I insert text going vertically rather than the normal horizontal format?
Thanks again in anticipation.

  Taff™ 09:56 25 Aug 2007

Right Click in the cell and choose Text Direction. The other useful one is to right click and then Cell Alignment - this puts the text in a predefined are of the cell.

  hastelloy 10:00 25 Aug 2007

go to Format, Text Direction. You then get 3 choices - 1 horizontal and 2 vertical.

  Marko797 10:01 25 Aug 2007

If in office 2007, insert txt into the box/table cell, highlight it, then click change text direction button, found in table tools, layout.

In 2003 version, similarly insert & highlight the text, and click the change txt direction button which should be on your std menu toolbar.

U have a choice of reading up, or down, or horizontal.

The key thing is that u need to highlight the text which you have inserted into your box/cell.

It's the same procedure for text boxes in Word.

  Duncanf 10:24 25 Aug 2007

Many thanks, Taff™ , marvin42 and Marko797.
That's it explained!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?